St John’s Kindergarten
Kindergarten is a very important step in your child’s life. It allows them to develop essential skills and attitudes that lay the foundation for all future learning.
At St John’s Kindergarten, we allow each child’s curiosity and creativity to flourish. Our Kindergarten provides the perfect balance of child-led inquiry, purposeful play and lots of fun in a caring and nurturing environment.
St John’s Kindergarten has been assessed by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACEQA) receiving a rating of Exceeding National Quality. The curriculum is based on the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF):
Being part of St John’s Anglican College gives your child the added advantage of access to College facilities and specialist lessons in Chinese, Music, Speech and Drama, Physical Education and Library, as well as immersion in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP), an internationally renowned framework for exceptional inquiry learning.
At St John’s true inquiry is ongoing and while an answer may be found to a question, the inquiry will generate further ‘wonderings’ that can be investigated and questions that need to be explored. Students and teachers are learners together and the experience becomes shared. This is learning that is memorable and meaningful. It is also learning that nourishes curiosity and creative thought.
Inquiry learning is integral to the teaching and learning programs we offer at St John’s. As parents, the communication you initiate with the Kindergarten and the school is always welcome and assists in strengthening the partnership between the school and the home.
Our Program Goals
- To respect, honour and celebrate the uniqueness of each individual child, supporting their understanding of their own identity within a multicultural community
- To create opportunities for each child to use and develop their natural curiosity – to seek, wonder and question
- To extend each child to explore and acquire further skills in areas of social, emotional, physical, linguistic, cognitive and spiritual growth
- To provide opportunities for each child to express themselves and to represent their thinking and understanding through varied language, art, drama, music and movement experiences
- To ensure each child has opportunities to use a range of critical and creative thinking strategies and processes
- To recognise that this is the first stage in a continuing education process for life and to work in partnership with parents to support the child’s preparation for more formal learning environments.
Hours of Operation
St John’s Kindergarten operates during school term from 8.40am to 3.00pm Monday through to Friday. The programs offered are:
- 5 Day Week
- 5 Day Fortnight – Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesday
- Thursday, Friday and alternate Wednesday
Our Kindergarten programs are designed for those turning four years of age by 30 June in the year of enrolment.
|Year Level||Term Fee||Annual Fee|
|Kindergarten (5 Day Fortnight)||$1,138||$4,552|
|Kindergarten – Early Start (5 Day Fortnight)||$1,880||$7,520|
|Kindergarten (Full Time)||$3,018||$12,072|
|Kindergarten – Early Start (Full Time)||$3,760||$15,040|
St John’s Enrolment Application Form
Statement of Fees 2021
Kindergarten Calendar 2021
Note this is information is provided as a Government requirement and will be updated when provided by the Department.
St John’s Kindergarten is funded and supported by the Queensland Government.