Courses available at St John’s Anglican College for International Students
Primary Campus – Alpine Place, Forest Lake – Full Time Courses
- CRICOS Code 054871F – Primary School Studies (Prep – Year 3) (Duration: 208 weeks)
- CRICOS Code 084815K – Primary School Studies (Years 4-6) (Duration: 156 weeks)
Secondary Campus – College Avenue, Forest Lake – Full Time Courses
- CRICOS Code 093155M – Secondary School Prep Program Level 1 – 5 (Duration: 66 weeks)
- CRICOS Code 084816J – Junior Secondary Studies (Years 7-10) (Duration: 208 weeks)
- CRICOS Code 077491F – Senior Secondary Studies (QCE) Years 11 – 12 (Duration: 104 weeks)
Please note: International students are to complete the same course components as the domestic students for QCE.
International Student Enrolments – High School Preparation Course
Please note that where a student requires English Language tuition the proposed duration of study will be noted on the Confirmation of Enrolment document and subsequent Written Agreement. The proposed length of study will be provided based on the student’s demonstrated ability. This may be subject to change and families will be notified prior to any change in the duration of the enrolled course of study.
Courses are designed for students who have studied English as a Second Language (ESL) in their home country, but wish to enter mainstream secondary school classes at St John’s Anglican College. Students will need to have complete a minimum of one year’s study of English (or equivalent) in their home country prior to acceptance.
Class sizes are small, with an average of 15 students per class to provide the best possible learning environment.
Our experienced teachers are highly qualified. They hold TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) and secondary school teaching qualifications. They are specially trained in preparing international students for high academic performance. All teachers are Queensland registered teachers.
A blend of ESL and mainstream teaching methods and techniques provides students with a self-paced learning environment. Students also learn a range of study skills and are taught to be responsible for their own learning and progress.
International Student Enrolments
International direct entry students are welcomed at St John’s. Please submit your application along with two academic reports, your passport details and details of your current visa.
Direct entry to main school is possible provided the student has sufficient English proficiency.
English level requirements for mainstream entry are:
- All students must complete Level five for entry into Year Nine and above.
- Students need to pass Level four for entry into Years Six, Seven and Eight.
Fees are reviewed at the end of each school year and may be subject to change:International Schedule of Fees 2019
Links to some helpful information
- Education Services for Overseas Students – National Code of Practice
- Study Queensland
- Overseas Students Ombudsman
- View the Overseas Students Ombudsman (OSO) video
- ESOS Framework Fact Sheet
- Simplified Student Visa Framework
- TPS Student Brochure
Please return the completed form, together with translated copies of recent school reports to:
The Administration Manager
St John’s International College
PO Box 4078
Forest Lake QLD Australia 4078
Phone +61 7 33720110
For more detailed information, contact the Head of the International College, Mrs Shirley Sun.