St John’s Sports Awards Dinner
Each year students, parents and staff of St John’s join together with special guests and sponsors to celebrate the sporting achievements of our wonderful students.
On Monday, 26 October St John’s hosted the annual 2015 Sports Awards Dinner at Hillstone, St Lucia. This year, we welcomed Guest Speaker, Natalie Cook OAM, Professional Volleyball Player and five times Olympic Gold Medalist to present the awards to each student.
The Sports Awards Dinner recognises students from the following sports, Cricket, Tennis, Volleyball, Rugby, Touch Football, Hockey, Netball, Soccer, Basketball, Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics. Prior to the presentation of awards, the Captain of each sport was invited to speak about the results for this year. All Sports Captains did a terrific job in presenting the awards.
After a delicious three course dinner was served the Head of College, Suzanne Bain presented the Perpetual Awards to the students.
Perpetual Award Winners:
- Female Swimmer of the Year – Tonisha Morrick
- Male Swimmer of the Year – Jared Descy
- Female Cross Country Runner of the Year – Richa Patel
- Male Cross Country Runner of the Year – Keegan Jenkins
- Female Athlete of the Year – Demi Wynyard
- Male Athlete of the Year – Keegan Jenkins
- Middle School Team of the Year – Year 8 Boys Volleyball
- Senior School Team of the Year – Year 10 Girls Tennis
- Middle School Sportswoman of the Year – Richa Patel
- Middle School Sportsman of the Year – Mark Dunkley
- Pierre De Coubertin Olympic Award – Sune Joubert
- Senior School Sportswoman of the Year – Demi Wynyard
- Senior School Sportsman of the Year – Keegan Jenkins
On the night there was also a variety of raffle prizes to be won which included weekend getaways, signed sporting equipment and gift hampers. Thank you to all of our guests who purchased a raffle ticket and congratulations to our prize winners.
We would like to thank all of our extraordinary parents who attended the event and who support their children throughout the year. It is always a pleasure to recognise the sporting achievements of our students as they have all worked extremely hard. St John’s is very proud of you all.
Keep up the great work and congratulations to all students.