Old Collegians’ Association
After graduation, your relationship with St John’s doesn’t end. You do not just acquire knowledge from the College, you will continue to benefit from the excellent Old Collegians’ Association network.
Old Collegian refers to all former students who attended Forest Lake College or St John’s Anglican College. On graduation from the College, the student is inducted as an Old Collegian with lifetime membership.
As a graduate of the College you are automatically a member of the Old Collegians’ Association. The Association has an elected Executive Committee that works on the behalf of the Old Collegian movement.
Our 2021 Old Collegian Executive
Mrs Emma Dawson (class of 2003) – President
Ms Rebecca Quick (class of 2015) – Vice-President
Mr David Tyson (class of 2004) – Executive Member
Mr Benjamin Kozij (class of 2016) – Immediate Past President
Ms Samantha Jackson (class of 2006) – Secretary
To maintain contact with and represent the interests of past students of St John’s Anglican College as well as supporting the College community.
To actively seek to contribute to the academic, sporting, cultural and spiritual activities of the College that will provide ongoing benefits and assistance to current and future Old Collegians’ and the wider community.
The Old Collegians’ Association (OCA) has been involved in a variety of activities, including:
- The development of the OCA Constitution
- Organising events such as social and sporting events and representing the Association at College events
- An annual mentoring event for Year 12 students (Panel Discussion)
- A final day breakfast for graduating Year 12 students
- Contribution to the OCA magazine, sharing news, events and updates
- The development of a strong tutoring program for current students
Future plans include:
- To strengthen engagement with Old Collegians’
- To encourage the support of more OCA Executive members
- To develop a mentoring program for current College students
- To develop and fund a new Old Collegians’ Association Bursary for a Year 11 student
- To develop interstate reunions
- To develop a stronger connection with Old Collegians from the International College
- Active involvement in the College community.
If you would like to get involved in actively supporting the OCA please contact the President at [email protected]
There a different ways our Old Collegian community can support our current students.
- Sport Coaching
- Performing Arts Mentor
- Guest Speaker
To find out how you can support please click here.
Like the St John’s Old Collegians’ Association Facebook page.
Join the Old Collegians LinkedIn Group