How to Enrol
Enrolling your child at St John’s is an exciting prospect and one we expect will have taken a great deal of deliberation. Our main intake years are:
- Kindergarten – Little Saints Kindergarten
- Prep for Junior School
- Year Seven for Middle School
We also welcome students wishing to enter the College at an alternate year level although this is dependent on vacancies at the time.
St John’s Senior Pathways Program commences in Year 10 with ATAR subjects commencing in Term Four, Year 10, offering a head start for our students.
Please note that the online application is only applicable to domestic students.
Due to strong enrolment demand, early application (of at least two years prior to entry) is recommended. Enrolment application for Junior School entry in 2024, 2025, 2026 and for Year Seven 2024 is limited. Prep 2023 is now at capacity and any further applications received will be automatically placed on our waitlist.
Please contact our Enrolments Office before submitting an online application.
Submit an Enrolment Application via our online Enrolment Form. The application must be accompanied by the payment of the $100 non-refundable Application Fee. On receipt of the Enrolment Application, the child’s name will be placed on the Enrolment Waiting List, for the nominated year of entry. Please note that this does not automatically guarantee a place at the College.
You will also be required to upload the below information for your child. Failure to provide all of the necessary below information may delay the enrolment process for your child.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Statement uploaded from MyGov
- Student’s last two school reports (if applicable)
- NAPLAN results (if applicable)
- If both parents were born overseas, please also attach a copy of the relevant Visa and/or temporary or permanent residency documents.
- Any court or parenting orders that exist pertaining to the guardianship arrangements for the child.
- Any other relevant information
2. Review and Interview
Selected students and parents will be invited to attend an interview. The interview provides an opportunity for College staff and the family to get to know each other, and for any questions to be answered. Interviews usually begin for:
- Kindergarten – Six months before commencement
- Prep to Year Six – One year before commencement
- Years Seven to Twelve – Within three years of commencement
The enrolment process for new students entering the College is as follows and subject to availability:
- Siblings of existing College students
- Siblings of enrolling College students
- Children of Old Collegians
- All other students
Consideration is also given to the educational needs and circumstances of each applicant, and information is gathered in consultation with parents and other relevant persons/professionals prior to the interview.
Offers are made following the interview process up to the nominated capacity for the year group.
4. Acceptance of Offer
To accept the offer of a place at the College, parents sign an Enrolment Agreement and pay the non-refundable confirmation fee of $600 per child to secure their child’s place at St John’s. Parents have 2 weeks to accept the offer.
An Advance Fee is payable on 1 October in the year prior to commencement. This payment is credited to the Term 1 Tuition Fees and is invoiced two weeks before the due date. The amount is as follows per enrolment:
- Kindergarten to Year Six – $1000
- Year Seven to Twelve – $1500