Getting to St John’s
St John’s is located in the suburb of Forest Lake, in Brisbane’s south-west – approximately 30km from Brisbane CBD.
A range of bus services, some combined with rail transport, ensures that students can reach St John’s from all points of the compass. The College has several buses to complement chartered services.
Private Bus Service
St John’s provides a dedicated bus service to assist families by transporting children to and from the College during term time. One private St John’s branded bus provides morning and afternoon services to each of the following areas:
- Augustine Heights Route – Augustine Heights, Brookwater, Springfield, Forest Lake and Heathwood.
- Kenmore Route – Kenmore, Chapel Hill, Chelmer, Graceville, Sherwood, Corinda, Jindalee, Jamboree Heights, Mt Ommaney and Riverhills.
- Ipswich Route – Ipswich, Yamanto, Flinders View, Inala, Richlands Train Station and Wacol Train Station.
Students are supervised off the bus and into the Primary and Secondary campus grounds by duty staff. It is not recommended that students in Kindergarten to Year Two travel on the buses unless they are accompanied by a sibling in at least Year 5. This requires prior approval by the College.
Augustine Heights Route
Students can pre purchase bus tickets for the St John’s bus at the Finance Department at the Secondary School or at the Primary School reception. Students who travel on the bus without a ticket will have their name noted and the date and time of travel by the driver. All non-ticketed travel will be charged to the parent account at the end of each school term. Term passes are available on request and take into account the number of school days each term.
|2020 Bus Fares – All St John’s Routes||Pre-purchased |
|Zone 1||Within the Gates of Forest Lake||Free||Free|
|Zone 2||Perimeter around Forest Lake bordered by the Ipswich and Logan motorways||$1.80||$1.70|
|Zone 3||All other areas||$4.70||$4.50|
A late bus will depart the Secondary campus at 5.00pm after the completion of school-based activities on days when a booking has been received by 2pm. Bookings can be made via the College App. This bus will not run if a booking has not been made. For specific details regarding the route for this service, please refer to the College website.
Other Bus Services
Park Ridge Transit
- Forestdale Bus Route 6026/6126 – Algester, Parkinson, Browns Plains and Forestdale
- Term, weekly and single tickets for this service can be purchased direct from the bus driver, or by using a Go Card or by contacting Park Ridge Transit on 07 3802 1233 or via busqld.com.au
Westside Bus Company
- Route 32 (AM) – Springfield, Camira, Goodna Station
- Contact Westside Bus Company for school bus route and timetable information on 07 3288 1333 or email email@example.com
Brisbane City Council
- Route 463 (AM) – Goodna Station, Wacol, Ellen Grove
- Visit Translink online or phone 13 12 30 to find the best route to and from St John’s using public transport
Transport Information Booklet
For more information, please download the Transport Information Booklet below.