Getting to St John’s
St John’s is located in the suburb of Forest Lake, in Brisbane’s south-west – approximately 30km from Brisbane CBD.
A range of bus services, some combined with rail transport, ensures that students can reach St John’s from all points of the compass. The College has several buses to complement chartered services.
Private Bus Service
St John’s provides a dedicated bus service to assist families by transporting children to and from the College during term time. One private St John’s branded bus provides morning and afternoon services to each of the following areas:
- Augustine Heights Route – Augustine Heights, Brookwater, Springfield, Forest Lake and Heathwood.
- Kenmore Route – Kenmore, Fig Tree Pocket, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Jindalee, Jamboree Heights, Sumner Road, Mt Ommaney, Riverhills and Richlands Station.
- Oxley Route – St Lucia, Indooroopilly Train Station, Graceville, Sherwood, Corinda, Oxley, Oxley Train Station, Inala and Pallara.
Students are supervised off the bus and into the Junior and Secondary campus grounds by duty staff. It is not recommended that students in Kindergarten to Year Two travel on the buses unless they are accompanied by a sibling in at least Year Five. This requires prior approval by the College.
Augustine Heights Route
Student Behaviour Expectations
Exemplary behaviour is expected from all students while they are travelling to and from St John’s. Students travelling to or from St John’s by bus are expected to uphold College standards of behaviour. Incidences of poor behaviour on buses will be treated very seriously.
Expected behaviour of bus students:
- Students will be courteous and considerate to each other at all times
- Students will obey the direction of the bus driver
- It is expected that students will travel quietly and behave in accordance with St John’s standards
- Inappropriate language will NOT be tolerated
- No food or drink will be consumed on the bus
- Students once seated will remain seated and are not permitted to change from seat to seat during the journey
- Students should respect all bus property; they must not put feet on the seats
- Students should take care of their belongings on the bus. When leaving the bus, the students should check to ensure that they have all their belongings with them
- Students must disembark the bus neatly in full College uniform (including dress hat)
- Students who fail to observe bus rules will be subject to College discipline and may forfeit their right to use bus services.
Students can purchase tickets for the College bus via the TransportMe platform. This new tap and go facility will enable families to pay for bus travel using funds loaded onto student ID cards via their online TransportMe account. Families will now also be able to track the bus on the published bus routes via the TransportMe App.
Students who travel without their student ID card or with no credit on their card will be charged at the standard rate.
|2021 Bus Fares – All St John’s Routes||Standard Rate||Pre-purchased
|Zone 1||Within the Gates of Forest Lake||Free||Free|
|Zone 2||Perimeter around Forest Lake bordered by the Ipswich and Logan motorways||$2.80||$1.80|
|Zone 3||All other areas||$6.50||$4.70|
A late bus will depart the Secondary campus at 5.00pm after the completion of school-based activities on days when a booking has been received by 2pm. Bookings can be made via the College App. This bus will not run if a booking has not been made.
The Late Bus will take the following route and will stop at the designated stops only if required:
- Travel back down College Avenue turning right at roundabout to travel down Crossacres Street towards Blunder Road. Turn right at intersection.
- STOP at bus stop on Blunder Rd/Crossacres St and Brookside St – opposite 7-Eleven and McDonalds.
- Continue down Blunder Road turning right into Wadeville Street.
- STOP at 7-Eleven Heathwood.
- Continue down Wadeville Street/Forest Lake Boulevard. Students can stop at any of the designated Council Bus Stops along the Boulevard.
- STOP at Richlands Train Station at designated bus stop.
- STOP at Mount Ommaney Shopping Centre at designated bus stop.
Other Bus Services
Park Ridge Transit
- Forestdale Bus Route 6026/6126 – Algester, Parkinson, Browns Plains and Forestdale
- Term, weekly and single tickets for this service can be purchased directly from the bus driver, or by using a Go Card or by contacting Park Ridge Transit on 07 3802 1233 or via busqld.com.au
Westside Bus Company
- Route 32 (AM) – Springfield, Camira, Goodna Station
- Contact Westside Bus Company for school bus route and timetable information on 07 3288 1333 or email email@example.com
Brisbane City Council
- Route 463 (AM) – Goodna Station, Wacol, Ellen Grove
- Visit Translink online or phone 13 12 30 to find the best route to and from St John’s using public transport