Homestay accommodation with a local family, allowing easy access to St John’s, is required for all international students. Homestay families may be relatives of the student, or families carefully screened and approved by St John’s. Our homestay families provide a supportive and caring environment for students as they treat them as part of the family.
At St John’s, we carefully select homestay families to ensure our international students are given the best opportunity to experience the Australian way of life, in a safe and supportive family environment.
Our International College employs a Homestay Coordinator who ensures that:
- Each long-term student has his/her own room, which includes a bed, desk, wardrobe and study lamp.
- Three meals a day are provided by the homestay family (breakfast, packed lunch and dinner).
- Homestay families are visited regularly to ensure that standards are adhered to and that students feel safe and welcome.
- Homestay families live within 30 minutes of travel time to the campus. Most of our current host families live within walking distance of the College or have easy access to public transport facilities.
- All homestay families have received a security clearance from the Queensland Government prior to hosting a student.
Families are selected because of their ability to provide a stable, safe and caring environment for all students. Families who have children attending St John’s Anglican College are given priority to host international students.
Prior to arrival, all students are provided with full details of their Australian homestay family, to help them understand their new environment. Students arriving from overseas are welcomed at Brisbane International Airport and greeted by their homestay families.
For more information on our Homestay Program, please contact our homestay coordinator at [email protected]
Homestay Selection and Screening Procedure
Homestay Training Procedure
Accommodation and Welfare Procedure
Homestay Code of Conduct
Homestay Guidelines for Long Term Students
Insurance Guidelines for Homestay Families
Induction for Homestay Families
Apply to be a Homestay Family
We warmly welcome new homestay families to our St John’s community. If you are interested in becoming a homestay family please complete the form below: